My Five Year Plan

My Five Year Plan - When I first started reading the Bible, I thought that it might be nice if someone listed the 613 commandments of the Mosaic Law and gave the rationale as to whether each is binding on Christians. I finally decided to take on the task myself. However, at the rate that I'm going, this will take me about five years. For more background on this blog, click here. If you take issue with any conclusions please post them. I'll be happy to engage in cordial discourse. ...Finally, if you are here for the first time, it's probably best to scroll down and read the posts in chronological order. The archive is to the right.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Email from Sen. Dick Durbin


October 28, 2010

Dear Mr. XXXX:
"Thank you for contacting me regarding amendments to the Fiscal Year (FY) 2011 National Defense Authorization Act. I appreciate hearing from you. ...I understand your concerns about the conscience rights of providers and others who might be affected by an amendment such as the one proposed by Senator Burris. It is important to keep in mind that military abortions will not be paid for by taxpayers. Payment for these services must be provided privately, without the assistance of federal funds. While abortion is an issue that divides Americans, we can acknowledge women's rights and still work together to reduce the number of abortions. It is a decision best left to a woman, her family, her doctor, and her conscience.

...Thank you again for sharing your views with me. Please feel free to stay in touch.

Sincerely,
Richard J. Durbin
United States Senator


No comments:

Post a Comment