My Five Year Plan

My Five Year Plan - When I first started reading the Bible, I thought that it might be nice if someone listed the 613 commandments of the Mosaic Law and gave the rationale as to whether each is binding on Christians. I finally decided to take on the task myself. However, at the rate that I'm going, this will take me about five years. For more background on this blog, click here. If you take issue with any conclusions please post them. I'll be happy to engage in cordial discourse. ...Finally, if you are here for the first time, it's probably best to scroll down and read the posts in chronological order. The archive is to the right.

Saturday, November 27, 2010

17. Do not embarrass others Pt. 1

The 17th commandment of Mosaic Law is to not embarrass others

Where in scripture?
Leviticus  19:17
Though you may have to reprove your fellow man, do not incur sin because of him.

In the previous post, we discussed how we are obligated to rebuke sinners as a spiritual work of mercy. This Mitzvah has the same scriptural source (Leviticus 19:17). With the previous post, we provided Matthew 18:15 as a New Testament reference. It is also the appropriate reference for this Mitzvah.

New Testament Reference
Matthew 18:15
If your brother sins (against you), go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have won over your brother.

Conclusion
Binding on Christians  

No comments:

Post a Comment