My Five Year Plan

My Five Year Plan - When I first started reading the Bible, I thought that it might be nice if someone listed the 613 commandments of the Mosaic Law and gave the rationale as to whether each is binding on Christians. I finally decided to take on the task myself. However, at the rate that I'm going, this will take me about five years. For more background on this blog, click here. If you take issue with any conclusions please post them. I'll be happy to engage in cordial discourse. ...Finally, if you are here for the first time, it's probably best to scroll down and read the posts in chronological order. The archive is to the right.

Saturday, December 4, 2010

18. Do not oppress the weak

The 18th commandment of Mosaic Law is not oppress the weak.

Where in scripture?
Exodus  22:21
You shall not wrong any widow or orphan.

New Testament References
Matthew 5:5
Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the land.

Matthew 25:45
Amen, I say to you, what you did not do for one of these least ones, you did not do for me.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10
“My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness." I will rather boast most gladly of my weaknesses, in order that the power of Christ may dwell with me. Therefore, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and constraints, for the sake of Christ; for when I am weak, then I am strong.

Early Church Fathers
St. Augustine
If weakness is not an evil, can a weak body be an evil?

Conclusion
Binding on Christians  

No comments:

Post a Comment