My Five Year Plan

My Five Year Plan - When I first started reading the Bible, I thought that it might be nice if someone listed the 613 commandments of the Mosaic Law and gave the rationale as to whether each is binding on Christians. I finally decided to take on the task myself. However, at the rate that I'm going, this will take me about five years. For more background on this blog, click here. If you take issue with any conclusions please post them. I'll be happy to engage in cordial discourse. ...Finally, if you are here for the first time, it's probably best to scroll down and read the posts in chronological order. The archive is to the right.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Pro Abortion Activists Perpetrate More Violence

I received the following email today from Eric Scheidler of the Pro-Life Action League.
--
I'm writing today to let you know about a violent attack the other night on my parents' home in Chicago, and to ask for your special help.

Just after 2:00 a.m., my mother Ann was awakened by the sound of breaking glass. She turned on the light and said to my father, "Something fell." Then they heard a second crash.

My parents got up and checked around the house, looking for a broken shelf that would account for the sound of glass. The shelves were all fine, so they assumed the noise must have come from outside and went back to bed.

But when they came down again in the morning to go to 7:30 Mass, they immediately realized something was wrong. For some reason, the house was ice cold!

My father Joe went outside and found broken glass all over the front porch. At the same time, my mother found a chunk of asphalt on the dining room floor, with glass scattered all around.

Then she found another chunk of asphalt on the living room floor, this one wrapped in a plastic bag with a bizarre note inside – a piece of hate-mail addressed to my father from some self-professed pro-abortion anarchists!

The note was filled with profanity and hate. You can see that note, plus pictures of the damage, right here.
I know that you share my resolve not to be intimidated by this kind of pro-abortion violence.

That's why I'm asking you to answer the "Advent attack" on my childhood home by making a special year-end gift to support the work of the Pro-Life Action League, using this secure link.

When police arrived at my parents' home, the officer initially thought the incident might meet the standards for a "hate crime." But his superiors told him, no, the perpetrators didn't hate my father, but just what he stands for.

I thought that was the point of a hate crime: to attack someone because you hate what they stand for. But it seems there's a double standard where pro-lifers are concerned.

In any case, the pro-abortion are vandals unlikely to be caught. And as for the windows, they can be replaced.

What I'm really worried about is being able to keep the League at the center of the abortion battle. We've been hit by the recession like everyone else and my father and I are struggling to pay the bills.

There are demonic forces out there trying to stop my father and me from fighting to end abortion. It's no coincidence that this violent attack comes right in the midst of some of the toughest economic times we've ever faced at the Pro-Life Action League.

Satan and his demons fight hard to snuff out the life of every unborn baby they can. We have to fight just as hard to save them!

Please dig deep and send me the most generous gift you can in the name of all the babies we will save together from the devil's clutches. To make your gift right now, just follow this link.

These desperate pro-abortion anarchists -- and the powers of darkness behind them -- want to scare my father and me into abandoning the babies, but I can assure you that will never happen.

As my father said, "They can break every window in my house if they like. They will never break my resolve."

Yours for Life,
 -- Eric

Eric Scheidler
Executive Director
Pro-Life Action League
Tel: 630-896-1200
Facebook: http://facebook.com/prolifeaction
Twitter: http://twitter.com/prolifeaction

No comments:

Post a Comment